Have you noticed the ‘Visit my website’ link on some LinkedIn profiles? If you’re wondering how to get your visit my website LinkedIn link, this article will guide you through the steps. It’s a straightforward way to extend your online presence and share more about your professional endeavors or personal projects.
What is the ‘Visit My Website’ Link on LinkedIn?
Much like the familiar ‘link in bio’ on Instagram, LinkedIn’s ‘Visit my website’ feature is a call-to-action (CTA) that allows users to add a direct link to an external website, blog, or personal page.
This feature enhances your LinkedIn profile by providing a gateway for your connections to explore more about your professional portfolio or personal projects.
How to Add a Personal Link to Your LinkedIn Profile
Here is how to add the ”visit my website’ CTA link on your LinkedIn profile:
- Go to your LinkedIn Profile.
- Click the pencil to edit your profile.
- Scroll to the bottom, choose ‘Custom Button’ and click ‘Edit Custom Button.’
- Select the Premium Custom Button and choose which one you prefer, such as:
- Visit my store
- Visit my website
- Visit my portfolio
- Visit my blog
- Book an appointment
Before you head to your LinkedIn profile, you need to be aware that this option is available for certain users who have a Premium plan on LinkedIn.
We also reached out to the customer success team at LinkedIn and asked How to visit my website on LinkedIn in order to be clear with these steps.
And here is the response:
Thank you for contacting LinkedIn and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. I’m Ritika and please be assured that I’m here to assist valuable members like you.
Who can use this feature?
This feature is available only to a select group of LinkedIn Premium Business subscribers. This feature may be gradually available to more LinkedIn users in the future.
As a Premium Business subscriber, you can add a custom button to your profile. The custom button will link to the URL of your choice and can be edited or deleted anytime.
You can choose to add one of these options as a custom button:
- Visit my store
- Visit my website
- View my portfolio
- View my blog
- Book an appointment
- Request services
Once added, the custom button is displayed on:
- Search Results
Important to know
Adding a custom button will replace the profile link available to members who have creator mode turned on.
To add a custom button to your profile:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View Profile.
- Click Add custom button in your introduction section.
- In the Custom Button pop-up window, select Premium custom button.
- Click Select button and select one of the options as your custom button.
- Add a link in the URL text box.
To remove custom button from your profile:
- Navigate to your profile and click the Edit icon in your introduction section.
- Scroll down to the Custom button section and select None.
- Click Save.
- You can also click on the Edit icon in your introduction section and scroll down to the Custom button section to add a custom button.
- To ensure that LinkedIn remains a safe community, we recommend that you only add custom links, in accordance with LinkedIn’s User Agreement and Professional Community Policies.
I hope I could clarify on the above! Please let me know if there are any additional questions I can answer for you. I’m always happy to help.
How to add website to LinkedI?
This is an alternative method still to navigate your LinkedIn connections to your external links.
Follow the steps below to learn how to add a personal website, blog, or company website to your Contact info section in your LinkedIn profile:
- Log in to LinkedIn: Start by signing into your LinkedIn account and navigate to your profile.
- Edit contact Info: Look for the ‘Contact info’ section near your profile photo and click on the pencil icon to edit.
- Add your website: In the popup, find the ‘Websites‘ section and click ‘Add website’. Enter your website URL. For each link, you can select a category (e.g., Personal, Company. Blog). Once finished, click ‘Save‘ to make the changes.
- Choose website type and description:
- Save your changes: After entering the details, click ‘Save’ the changes.
Now your followers can find the links in when they go to your LinkedIn profile and click on Contact info – as shown below:
What Kind of Links to Add to Your Profile?
LinkedIn is versatile, allowing various types of links. Here are some suggestions:
- Personal blog or portfolio
- Company or business website
- Link in bio page, similar to those used by influencers on Instagram or TikTok
- Professional landing pages showcasing your services or products
- Publications or articles you’ve authored
Examples of Usages of the ‘Visit My Website’ Feature
Below are examples of LinkedIn posts that effectively utilize the ‘Visit My Website’ feature, along with sample text for each post:
- Direct visitors to your latest blog post or article.
- Share your portfolio if you’re a freelancer or creative professional.
- Link to your company’s website, highlighting services or products.
- Provide a link for people to book an appointment.
Sharing a recent blog post
With this type of LinkedIn post, you can invite your LinkedIn connections to read a recent blog post, leveraging the ‘Visit my Website’ link for easy access.
Excited to share my latest blog on ‘The Future of Remote Work’.
Dive into key insights and trends shaping our work culture. For a deeper look, check out my detailed analysis. Visit my website linked in my profile!Example of LinkedIn post
Promoting a portfolio
Ideal for creatives, this post directs viewers to a professional portfolio.
Thrilled to showcase my latest design projects! From innovative web designs to engaging UX interfaces, see my creative journey.
Discover more in my portfolio – click ‘visit my portfolio’ link at the top of the post!Example of LinkedIn post
Highlighting a service or product
This is for entrepreneurs or businesses who want to share and promote their product or service, directing interested parties to learn more via the website link.
Launching our new cloud-based analytics tool! Streamline your data processing with state-of-the-art technology. Learn more about its features and how it can benefit your business.
For details, click ‘visit my website’ at the top of this post.Example of LinkedIn post
Link to book an appointment
This is great for thought leaders and consultants who want to link to their contact pages or booking links.
Here is an example of a post:
Each of these examples demonstrates a strategic use of the ‘Visit my Website’ feature on LinkedIn, tailored to different professional scenarios. The key is to create engaging content that naturally encourages your connections to click through to your website.
Need a tool for your LinkedIn website link?
Get your own free website for LinkedIn links.
Adding a ‘Visit my website’ link to your LinkedIn profile is an effective way to broaden your professional reach and showcase your work or business more comprehensively.
By following these simple steps, you can make your LinkedIn profile more dynamic and informative, creating new opportunities for professional growth and networking.
If you are looking for a tool to create blog posts, personal websites, or links in bio for LinkedIn, try Feedlink for free.